Walk Moor Plus
Thursday 21st May 2020 at 10.00am to Thursday 21st May 2020 at 2.30pm
New for 2020 - explore further with Walk Moor Plus.
Building on the existing Walk Moor programme, these "plus" walks will take you to more areas of the moors than ever before.
Designed as a next step for those with some experience of moorland walking already, especially those who already take part in the 2.5-3.5 mile Walk Moor walks. You'll be out for a full day with the dedicated Walk Moor volunteer leaders, so make sure to bring a packed lunch and plenty to drink as there will be a remote lunch stop along the way.
These walks are a great opportunity to increase your fitness and visit those places you might not otherwise get chance to.
Thursday 21 May
Meeting at Woodcroft car park, Longshaw Estate at 10am for a 10.30am start
Explore Surprise View, Higger Tor and Burbage Valley.
Length: 6.2 miles
Parking: Woodcroft Car Park at Longshaw (£5.00 for over 4 hours. Free to National Trust members so bring your membership card).
The weather on the moors is changable so it's good to go prepared:
- Wear a waterproof jacket and warm layers. Long trousers are recommended to protect your legs from brambles and ticks.
- Waterproof shoes with ankle support and good grip, such as hiking boots, are necessary to protect you on uneven ground.
- Wear a hat and gloves in spring and autumn, and a sunhat and suncream in summer.
- Carry some water and a snack.
- If you have walking poles, bring them with you.
Dogs are welcome but please keep them on a lead of less than 2m at all times.